Monday, June 25, 2007

Why I love VIA...

So, I was tooling around the web this morning and remembered one of the really cool guys I worked with in the past, Van Smith (website).  He works for VIA in some capacity (I don't quite remember what) and really had a lot of good things to say about the EPIA platform. In any case, one of my favourite sites in the past was Mini-itx.com and, I headed there to see what the current news on the platform was.  As soon as I got there, I noticed the following:



mini-itx.com - epia px 10000 review



Now, I'm not easily impressed (and I daresay, the basic FP/ALU perf on these devices is terrible compared to Semprons and Celerons) but, imagine the potential applications.  Car PCs typically don't need much in the way of video performance, portlets won't need much more than a TCP/IP pass through and some basic I/O (did I mention that the Pico-ITX has a SATA port?) and as a network storage appliance (like this), it'd actually function quite well. 





Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: